Taxpayers who earn less than $50,000 can get help preparing and e-filing their taxes for free at Aims Community College through Tax Help Colorado, a program funded by a grant from the Denver-based Piton Foundation, operating at 18 colleges statewide.
Interested parties should bring the following documents:
• All W-2, 1099 and other income-related documents.
• Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, college education expenses, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses.
• For college expenses: In addition to Form 1098T from your college, you must bring your own records or expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies.
• Social Security cards for all family members (photo ID is required).
• A copy of last year’s tax return, if available.
• Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit refunds.
• If you’re eligible for the Colorado Rent-Heat Rebate, bring 2013 rent receipts and heating bills.
Tax Help Colorado will be operating at Aims Community College’s Fort Lupton campus (Room 111) on Saturdays, Feb. 15, Feb. 22 and March 1, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call the Colorado Information Line at 211 or visit www.piton.org/TaxHelpColorado.